Install Windows Phone 7 Mango : Beta
Steps to Upgrade your Windows Phone 7 from NoDo to Mango Beta
Note : You will waver from the main upgrade path and will have to come back to NODO to get official Mango update. Happy Beta testing !
Pre-req : Windows Phone with NoDo, Zune installed on the PC and un-interrupted internet download and connectivity for the phone during the upgrade process.
1. Download the self-extracting archive .exe file here [contains both Windows Phone Support Tools + the batch files required for installation] *(some browsers dont recognize the extension - save it as an .exe)
2. Connect Phone
3. Close Zune
4. Install Windows Phone Support Tools depending on your process type.
5. Run Update.bat
6. The batch file will backup your phone, install the updates, and copy your backup to C:\PreMangoState [30 mins minimum]
7. Zune should open and prompt for an update. Follow instructions from there.
8. After installing the first update [which would take 15-20 mins], Zune will update again to 7661 [30 mins minimum].
The total process should take around 1 and half hour (more depending on how fast your internet connection is for downloading the updates via Zune)
You can use the Restore.bat file to automate the restore.
1. Copy your backup in C:\PreMangoState to %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update
2. Run Zune, navigate to settings, click Update, and press Restore
Disclaimer: Nobody is responsible for what you do but yourself. If you brick your phone, you bricked your phone. Take your own risks.