Learn how to tweak your registry so that your computer recognizes the Windows Phone 7 as a removable USB drive. You'll only have access to the Music, Pictures and Videos folders, but those are the most important folders anyway when it comes to moving big files.
1. Open Windows Registry Editor by typing regedit in your start menu
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\U SB
3. Perform a search for ZuneDriver
1. The search should yield a result similar to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\U SB\VID_045E&PID_04EC&MI_00\6&27ffd631&0&0000\Devic e Parameters\WUDF
4. Click up one level to the Device Parameters key
5. Change ShowInShell from 0 to 1
6. Change PortableDeviceNameSpaceExcludeFromShell from 1 to 0
7. Change EnableLegacySupport from 0 to 1
8. Change EnableDefaultAutoPlaySupport from 0 to 1
That's it! You can now plug your Windows Phone 7 into your Windows PC using the supplied USB cable and it will be recognized as a USB drive. Close Zune and access your device.