Saturday, February 11, 2012
Download Unlock Root
2.Connect your device to your PC, Run UnlockRoot.exe，
3.Click “Unlock Root”, Enjoy！
skip installation of the battery saver
you are done !
have a new method of kernel rooting for i9100g which works just great !
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Updated on 3-12-2011
based on DZKJ2
support all languages
remove SMS log from call log
sms to mms = 200 pages and 200 receivers, time of sending
bat with %
browser lag fixed
custom boot animation
custom power on sound
(trans. lock screen in add on)
also performance screen shots by richard1408
support menus multi languages
support keyboard multi languages
how to install:
(It is on your own risk and it WILL NOT wipe your data)
UPDATE: (flash 2.0 first then any version)
1-download the ROM and move to internal SD
2- reboot into recovery
3-wipe cache and dalvic
3-install Zip from SD card and choose the ROM
use this kernel for better performance (via odin)
trans.lockscreen (move file manually)
*Stock theme (via CWM)
*ice-cream theme (thanks to bigbang) for the source file and wonderfull designing
BE A SMART USER AND PLEASE READ THIS THOROUGHLY FIRST!
This is the first time I'm writing a tutorial, so please bear with me a little, key? I've had some requests and decided just to write up a simple tutorial. Although I must stress out that flashing your phone might void warranty, and I'm NOT in anyway an expert and I can't guarantee you everything will work out. Some of this steps might increase your binary counts and MIGHT be taken as a prove that you've been fiddling with the system which MIGHT cause Samsung to reject your warranty claims. Although I've seen some posts here in Lowyat and the internet which basically tells us that Samsung has been very generous and doesn't care about it.
I'm NOT going to take any responsibility if you permanently bricked your phone or your girlfriend run away with your dog (sorry, old joke). My experience says, it is very hard to really brick a SGSII
Presented here are 2 ways I9100G users can root their phone. Choose only ONE!
PLEASE SHARE YOUR RESULTS/PROBLEMS/SUCCESSES/FAILURES
LATEST TECHNIQUE: Rooting WITHOUT increasing your binary counts, WITHOUT flashing a custom firmware
latest, alittle bit advanced, but less chance of you bricking your phone... but will work for anyone? If it doesn't work for you, then use the older technique further below
This is special for you guys who are concerned about increasing the binary counts, and don't want to fiddle with custom kernels. Before you begin, please update your firmware using KIES
Already updated your firmware and cannot reset binary count with USB JIG? Please downgrade your firmware using the ROM below (in older steps), then USB JIG will work. Then, using KIES, update your firmware before continuing.
What you'll need;
1. Download DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit from here; http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1321582. I've used the version 1, but I think version 2 should also work.
2. Samsung driver for android phones installed or KIES installed
Using Android Debug Bridge (adb.exe), you'll push zergRush exploit tools to crash the ADB interface and force it to reboot into root mode, accept Superuser and Busybox package which will be installed into your phone. Thanks DooMLoRD@XDA! Sound complicated? No, not really, just follow the steps below!
1. Extract the DooMLoRD file. I've used the version 1, but I think version 2 should also work.
2. You'll need to edit a file alittle bit to make sure it work with SGSII I9100G, otherwise nothing will happen. Open the file "runme.bat" with Notepad (right click, open with, find notepad) and find the line that contain "adb wait-for-device". There should be 2 instances of that line, NO NEED TO STARE AT THE CODES AND GIVE YOUR SELF A HEADACHE!, just find the similar line in your files, which I've marked for deletion. Right afterword, please add the "@pause" command as illustrated below;
Above code might seems alittle bit fuzzy... Make sure you remove ONLY the second "@files\adb wait-for-device" line. ONLY THE SECOND ONE, key?
EDIT: Please add a "@pause" to allow some delay for adb to reconnect to the device which should be around 20 seconds.
Save and close the file.
3. Get your phone to enable USB debugging mode (Menu\Settings\Applications\Development) and enable "UNKNOWN SOURCES" (Menu\Settings\Applications)
4. Exit KIES if it is running. Also stop any phone management software that's running.
5. Plug in the USB cord and let the driver installation finishes
6. Double click "runme.bat", a black and white interface will come out. It should take a looong time for this process to finish... Read the output, you might find it interesting. This process might take 5-10 minutes...
7. (ADDED) You'll find "Press Any Key To Continue...". Please WAIT FOR 20 SECONDS before pressing your keyboard... Then, your phone will restart...
If successful, you'll find the Superuser icon. Yay!
Worked with me flawlessly. Does it work for you? Are you confused? Please share your thoughts
OLDER TECHNIQUE: Rooting by using rooted kernel
longer steps, but seems to be working properly all the time
Edit: It is possible to substitute the firmware with the latest one (DZKJ2), but you'll need the original kernel-image only tar file, which sadly I haven't be able to find at the moment
What you'll need;
1. A Galaxy SII I9100G phone. The G is required!. Check behind your battery
2. USB cable suitable for the phone
3. Samsung driver or KIES installed. But please close KIES before proceeding Go Google if you don't have one
4. DZKI1 original full firmware: http://www.multiupload.com/6L8BALT56F
5. DZKI1 original kernel image: http://www.multiupload.com/AS18CIXQNX
6. ZCKH4 rooted kernel image: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...52&postcount=22
7. I9100G PIT file: http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=Atta...post&id=2465180
8. ODIN 1.85 firmware flasher: http://www.multiupload.com/1VELKG3NIQ
Password if required is "intratech@XDA" without the quotes
Update your phone to the latest DZKI1 firmware, then flash a rooted ZCKH4 to get the Superuser application. (ZCKH4 is compatible with I9100Gs, although, your wifi will not work). Update the superuser application, and flash back the original DZKI1 to fix your wifi.
Firstly, extract everything into its own folder. Switch off the phone and take out SIM and SD card. To enter download mode, hold down Volume Down button + OK button(home) simultaneously and THEN press the Power Button. Once you see the warning logo, IMMEDIATELY release all buttons and push ONLY the Volume UP button. You'll see "ODIN MODE" and the android logo. Plug in the phone to your pc and let the new driver installation finish. WARNING, please DO NOT continue if you are having problem with the driver installation.
Updating Your Firmware
Please follow the instruction exactly, otherwise, you'll probably get into complicated problems. Get to the Odin folder and run the application. Click PIT button and browse for the "omap4_all_20110627_emmc.pit" file. Click the PDA button and include the DZKI1 original full firmware. It's filename should be .tar. Click "Start" and wait until its done. The phone will restart and you'll have a new firmware. If you stucked on the galaxy logo (NOT THE YELLOW TRIANGLE case), please google for "Galaxy s2 clear cache". If everything went smoothly, you'll be up and away setting up the google account information.
Flash The Rooted Kernel
Please follow the above instruction again, substituting the DZKI1 original full firmware with ZCKH4 rooted kernel image. Once your phone booted up, you'll be able to find the Superuser Icon;
That's mean your phone has successfully been rooted! Yay!
But, still not done yet, because your custom kernel is causing your wifi to malfunction and the yellow triangle to appear. We'll address that by reflashing the DZKI1 original kernel image
Flash The Original Kernel Image
Just follow the "Updating Your Firmware" substituting the DZKI1 original full firmware with DZKI1 original kernel image
You'r done! Now you have a rooted phone meanwhile maintaining original firmware. YAY!!!
I'M ROOTED. Now What?
Rooting gives you extra permissions to do thing which wasn't allowed in your phone such as;
1. Removing bloatware
2. Set CPU speed
3. Play with system settings